Whether you are a well-rehearsed gardener or believe you don’t have a green thumb at all but would like to learn about plants, you will enjoy talking gardening with Ernie Pleschourt. Ernie is a life-long gardener with a passion for all things green and growing.
Anyone who plants a vegetable garden, has a front yard flower bed, a planter on the deck or a potted plant on the windowsill will catch some of Ernie’s enthusiasm. He will share practical and fun information from all he’s learned and experienced along the way. He is also a seed saver and will have free seeds to share.
Please join us on Monday, March 11th at 11:00 a.m. at Buckham West for “Garden Talk with Ernie” and get into gear for the spring growing season. Preregistration is required for this free program which is open to public.
Bunco at Buckham West
Bunco is a fun and popular game played with dice, lots of luck and a simple set of rules. Any fun-loving, dice-tossing person can play! This is a free, members-only activity. Please join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month.
TED Talk Tuesday
Join us on Tuesday, March 26 at 1:30 p.m. for another in the program series we are calling TED Talk Tuesday. What happens on TED Talk Tuesday? We view a TED talk—a short, informative video presentation— followed by a guided discussion with staff from Brookdale Senior Living of Faribault. TED Talks are free and open to public; pre-register by calling 332-7357.
This month we will view and discuss “Physical Wellness”. After a career as a dentist and at the age of 85, Dr. Charles Eugster started a personal fitness program that led to his being a Masters Athlete for Great Britain. His inspiration? “You are never too old to try something new.” The evidence is clear—physical activity can reduce the risk of chronic disease and can make people feel better, function better, and sleep better.
Joint Pain Program Rescheduled
If you are living with joint pain, you want relief in order to continue doing the things that you enjoy. Come to this free information session to learn about options for hip, leg or knee pain.
Because the original date had to be cancelled due to the weather, you are invited to attend this rescheduled program at Buckham West on Wed, March 20th at 5:30p.m. Please call 332-7357 to reserve a spot.
Will Advice and Estate Planning
Buckham West will be sponsoring a Will Advice Clinic on Tuesday, April 30th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. For this clinic, Mr. Gary Voegele, Attorney at Law, will be available to provide senior citizens with information and direction in the area of wills and other estate planning issues. No wills will be prepared at this clinic. Appointments are required by calling 332-7357. You do not need to be a Senior Center member to access this free service.
Our Senior Dining program is happy to announce another evening meal with an Irish themed menu. The dinner will be held on Tuesday, March 12 in the Dining Room at Buckham West with serving between 4:30-5:30pm. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 332-7357 or 332-7680. You may also stop in to put your name on the list.
The menu will be corned beef and cabbage, red potatoes, wheat dinner roll and Shamrock Pie. The meal cost is a $4 (suggested donation) for age 60 and above and $7 for those under age 60.
- Computer Tutoring at Buckham West each Thursday between 9:30-10:30am. Call 332-7357 to sign up.
- Happy Painters with Gary Hoganson on Tuesday, March 12 at 10:00 a.m. The medium for this month will be clay. There is a minimal fee to participate with is payable at the time of the class. Call to register.
- Volunteers needed as drivers for Meals on Wheels! Call Three Rivers at 800-277-8418 or www.threeriverscap.org for more information and to download an application.
- Jackpot Junction on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 12 and 13, 2019, $75 includes hotel and transportation. Casino pays $50 on player’s card and more.
- Old Log Theater to see “Tenderly, the Rosemary Clooney Musical” on Wednesday, March 20, depart at 10 am return by 5 pm. Cost is $70, includes lunch at the Old Country Buffet, the performance and transportation.
- Save the date! Door County, including Washington Island from May 29-June 1. Watch for more information.
- “Mama Mia”, at Chanhassen Dinner Theater on Wednesday, July 24 for a matinee performance. Depart at 9:45 a.m. return by 5p.m. Cost is $97, including lunch, the performance and transportation.